A configurable product looks like a single product with drop-down lists of options for each variation. Each option is actually a separate simple product with a unique SKU. This step-by-step tutorial will teach you how to create configurable products in Magento 2.
For example, the same t-shirt can be available in different size option.
- Step 1: Go to Admin Panel -> Products -> Catalog;
Click drop down of Add Product and select “Add Configurable Product”
- Step 2: In Product Details section, enter Product Name, SKU, Price and remaining information
- Step 3: At the bottom of Product Details, expand the Configurations section. Then, tap “Create Configurations”
- Step 4: Select the checkbox of the attributes to be used as configuration on Product detail page.For example: Here we select size attribute, i.e. this same product is available in different sizes.We can select multiple attributes also.
- Step 5: If you need to create a new attribute, click Create New Attribute button. Complete the attribute properties and Save the Attribute. Click “Create New Attribute”
- Step 6: After selecting attribute, select Next
- Step 7: Select different sizes available from the list, and click Next. For example, the t-shirt is available in S, L, and XL size, so I need to check S, L, and XL check box.
- Step 8: The images, pricing, and quantity will be set in this step while you can choose only one option for each of them. It is possible to select the same or unique setting for each product. For example, one has two choices – same prices of all size t-shirt or different prices of different size t-shirts
- Step 9: Images have three option, Select any one out of three
- Apply single set of images to all SKUs – the same image to all size Tshirt
- Apply unique images by attribute to each SKU – different images according to attribute (size of t-shirt)
- Skip images uploading at this time
- Step 10: Prices have three option, select any one out of three
- Apply single prices to all SKUs – Same price to all size Tshirt
- Apply unique price by attribute to each SKU – Different prices according to attribute (size of t-shirt)
- Skip price at this time
- Step 11: Quantity has three option, select any one out of three
- Apply single quantity to each SKUs – Same quantity to all size Tshirt
- Apply unique quantity by attribute to each SKU – Different quantities according to attribute (size of t-shirt)
- Skip quantity at this time
- Step 12: After clicking next, Summary page shows all the summary about that product
- Step 13: After clicking next, the configurations will get saved and will appear in Configuration tab of product
- Step 14: Click save product, new configuration product will get added to the catalog
- Step 15: Product will get appear in your catalog
Thank you. Hope you know now, how to create configurable products in Magento 2.